News for expats on COVID-19 - update 11.05.2020
Today many provinces of Spain have moved to phase “1”. The whole province of Murcia has moved to phase “1”, while for the province of Alicante has been decided to do it per hospital zones. That means that the zones of Denia, Marina Baixa, Elda, Alcoy, Torrevieja and Orihuela passed to phase “1” but the zone of Alicante city and Elche are not so, they still remain in phase “0”.
In phase “1” you can move by car through the entire province, but it is not yet completely clear how to do if, for example, you want to go from Torrevieja to Benidorm, as it is necessary to pass Elche and Alicante which still are in phase “0”. More information on this matter will follow in the coming days.
Phase "1" will be in principle from today 11th of May till the 25th of May. Some of the measures that are in force and need to be followed up in this phase “1” you can find underneath.
- The time-schedules for people of all ages to go out, remains in effect.
- You can come together with a maximum of 10 people, but always respecting the “social distance”, at home, at terraces, etc.
- Restaurants and bars are allowed to open their terrace with 50% of their capacity and with a distance of 2 meter between the tables.
- Small bussiness up to 400 m2 surface, are allowed to open again, but the people being inside may not exceed 30% of their total capacity.
- People who live in the same house, are allowed to move together by car from today on and it is not obliged to wear mouth-masks or to keep the “social distance”. On the other hand, people who are not living together in the same house, are allowed to travel in the same car, but they are obliged to put on mouth-masks and they have to keep the “social distance”.