Orihuela Costa 30º Orihuela Costa

How to rent your property to tourists in the Valencian Community?

23 Nov 2020
How to rent your property to tourists in the Valencian Community?

As of 8th of July 2018, the new tourism, leisure and hospitality law of the Valencian Community (Comunidad Valenciana) in Spain has expanded the requirements for renting out a property for tourists or holiday purposes.

What is a tourist accommodation?

The law considers that they are complete properties, of any type, counting with an urban compatibility report that permits such use, and are immediately available for tourist, holiday or leisure purposes at a certain price and under certain conditions.

Which requirements must be met?

1.    It must be fully furnished and equipped so that immediate availability is possible.
2.    It must have all the technical requirements specified in the decree, based on their category: standard, first or superior.
3.    It must have the municipal certificate of urban compatibility allowing tourist use.
4.    Civil liability insurance must be taken out to cover damage that may arise during the development of the tourist activity.
5.    Have a tourist rental licence of the Valencian Community. The publicity made for the tourist accommodation registered in the register must include the registration number of the property.
6.    Market or promote the property with the aim of profit, that means, cede it for a price.
7.    Promote the property for tourist, holiday and leisure purposes.
8.   Regularly market or promote the property, for example through tourist accommodation management companies or tourism marketing channels (tour operators or the Internet).
9.    Visibly display at the entrance, either inside or outside, the corresponding identification of your tourist accommodation status and registration number.
10.  Have a travelers register that must be forwarded to the corresponding Guardia Civil post, depending on the town where the property is located.

Declaration of vacation rental income

Keep in mind that it is mandatory to declare the income obtained from the rental of tourist homes to the Tax Agency in Spain. For more information, consult your tax advisor.

Through our partners we can help you to apply for the municipal certificate of urban compatibility and the license for tourist accommodation.
As an exclusive agent of Caser Seguros, we can arrange for you the mandatory civil liability insurance. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on tourist accommodations or a free estimate for the civil liability insurance.

The information published here is only informative. See the law at the following link for the complete information.




Copyright © 2022 B&L Promotions. All rights reserved. · Legal notice · Cookies · Privacy policy · Web map · Design & Development: Mediaelx

Online viewings